Picture credits: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-baked-tofu-74358
This recipe is a healthy, nutritious and versatile one that is good for baby finger food and as a good salad topper or side dish or snack for adults.
Tofu is a low-fat alternative to meat and contains a good amount of iron, protein and calcium which is essential for baby’s growing body and bones.
1 pack of firm tofu
Preheat oven to 400F.
1. Take tofu out of package and discard water.
2. Place tofu on a dish and put another plate on top with a heavy item like a can to press extra water out from tofu. You may skip this step if you wish to have more moist tofu bites. I discovered there is a product called “Tofu Xpress” that is specifically used to press water out of tofu. Interesting!
3. Pat dry the tofu with paper towels.
4. Cut tofu into one-inch cubes and toss in your preferred cooking oil. The amount of oil should be as little as to coat the tofu pieces lightly.
5. Place tofu pieces on parchment paper lined aluminum pan. You can use other silicon baking sheet but from what I have read from other reviews for a similar recipe. Tofu may not stick as much to the parchment paper.
6. Bake for 15-20 mins and then flip the tofu and bake for another 15-20 mins depending on how crispy you or baby like. Don’t worry if some of the tofu pieces come apart after baking.
It is good to top as a on a salad, as a side dish or as a snack.
For extra kick, you can marinade the tofu with your favourite spices – minced garlic, minced ginger, lemon/lime juice, barbecque sauce (low sodium for baby) and etc.
Enjoy! Happy Friday!